Natural New Zealand skincare is no longer a necessity developed and marketed at only women, but there are now many natural skincare brands that have created lines specifically for men. However, male skincare requirements are no different to women; all skin needs to be kept clean and well moisturised, so in case the man in your life is having doubts, here are two reasons why men should definitely start using a natural moisturiser:
1) Keeping skin plumped and moisturised delays the ageing process. As we age, our skin becomes less able to keep itself moisturised, so a natural moisturiser will do wonders to keep his skin soft and subtle.
2) Well moisturised skin is more capable of healing quicker, so if prone to shaving rash, regularly moisturising skin will help it recover more quickly from the abrasion of shaving.
Natural skincare is not solely for women – men’s skin is subject to the same environment, UV rays and daily build up as women’s skin is. At Savar, our products are designed to be unisex. So feel free to share your Savar products with the man in your life!
Olivia and the team
Skin is the largest organ in the human body, yet it's often taken for granted. People pamper their hearts and agonize over their waistlines, but their skin can get totally overlooked.
Skin needs a attention and care to stay healthy, just like every other organ you have. This means making some time for it on a daily basis. In no particular order, here are some daily must-haves if you want to sport younger, healthier looking skin.
- Ensure your skincare products are natural, plant-based. You wouldn’t put nasty chemicals into your body, so why would you spread them onto your body? Skin absorbs the skincare you use, so natural skincare, rich in antioxidants, is key to healthy skin.
- Everyone’s skin type is different – some are dry, sensitive, oily, or combination. Play around with your skincare to find what works for you, and stick with it. Having a regular natural skincare routine will do wonders for your skin.
- Hydration is key! Water flushes out the toxins in your body, leaving you feeling energized and balanced. This will make sure you have healthy, glowing skin.
- A healthy plant-based diet, rich in vitamins and minerals, supports healthy skin. Antioxidants can help protect your skin from damage, for example Vitamin C assists with tissue repair and regrowth, and Vitamin A is handy for cell growth.
- Limit skin’s exposure to the sun. With summer on the way, many people jump at the chance to sit out and sun tan for hours on end – exposing their skin to harsh UV sun rays. Although getting out into the sun and fresh air is great for your health, ensure you protect your skin while doing so. Choose a natural daily moisturiser enriched with SPF protection. This will limit the damage the sun does to your skin.
Olivia and the team x
The Benefits of a Natural Cleanser for Clogged Pores
Clogged pores come in many shapes and sizes, from blackheads (small black bumps), to spots (on the surface of the skin, usually with a white head) to cysts (large lumps under the skin) and can be a nightmare to treat. The severity of clogged pores can also vary wildly, from occasional mini-breakouts to full blown severe acne.
A simple and easy way to ease congested skin is to give it a thorough cleansing treatment using a plant-based natural cleanser. However, this does not mean stripping away all the oil on your skin (as this will then send a message to your body that your skin has no oil and your natural defence will kick-in and supply more!) However, by using a gentle natural cleanser with a good, exfoliating cloth (either a muslin cloth or a simple face flannel will do) you can ease clogged pores and gently remove any congestion. Never treat congested skin harshly as it is already inflamed and you don’t want to anger it further.
Using a natural plant based cleanser is an easy way to ease congested skin. However, if you have severe, long-term skin breakouts then it’s worth visiting a doctor to try and establish why it is that your skin is reacting in this way as it can be a sign of an underlying cause!
Olivia and the team