Dry skin can be a challenge to treat and can also be incredibly uncomfortable. If your skin is dry, try to establish the cause and find the best cream for dry skin that suits and works well with your skin.
Below we have listed a 5 reasons that your skin could be dry. It is important to use the best cream for dry skin as more often than not the treatment for dry skin is to ensure you have the right levels of moisturiser on your skin.
1. Weather. Our skin tends to be driest in winter, when temperatures and humidity levels plummet.
2. Heat. All types of heat such as central heating, wood-burning stoves, space heaters and fireplaces all reduce humidity and dry your skin.
3. Hot baths and showers. While its great to warm up in a hot bath in winter, hot water definitely has the ability to dry your skin out.
4. Harsh soaps and detergents. It goes without saying that a gentle natural skin care products are far kinder to your skin than harsh detergents and chemical based products.
5. Soap. We can't stress enough that soap can really play havoc with your skin and dry it out especially if you suffer from ezcema. It is so important to choose the best cream for dry skin and use it regularly. Speaking from my own experience, the drier your skin is the worse your eczema will be.
Therefore, it’s wise to try and find a great natural moisturiser that your skin responds well to and use that roughly every 6 to12 hours.
We also suggest using a natural soap free face wash or a natural cream cleanser that is ever so gentle on your skin. Another great treatment for dry skin is using a very gentle exfoliating product like our Savar Refining Revitalising Facial Exfoliator that gently buffs away dead skin cells, while hydrating your skin at the same time.
Also face masks have become really popular and are great for dry skin. We recommend using a natural moisture boosting face mask at least 4 times a week. Try and choose one that you can leave on overnight and you will be surprised how soft and and supple your facial skin is when you wake in the morning.
If you do suffer from dry skin, then you’ll need to work that little bit harder to keep it happy.
Vicky & the team x